How To Make Chaga-Infused Chocolate Bark
As if anybody needs another reason to eat more chocolate, this recipe adds a powerful blast of antioxidants thanks to the pure Chaga extract that's discretely blended in. Chaga mushrooms contain one of the highest ORAC ratings (measuring antioxidant levels in food) on Earth and taste surprisingly like cocoa!
The best part of making chocolate from scratch is that you can dress up your chocolate however you like. Try adding fresh orange zest, coarse sea salt, or spices like cinnamon and nutmeg to your chocolate for a huge flavor boost. Add chopped nuts like pecans, almonds, and walnuts to give your chocolate a nice crunch. Go wild by mixing in peanut butter or caramel, or keep it simple and stick to cocoa. The choice is yours! This is what you need:
- ½ cup cocoa butter
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 tablespoons honey or agave syrup
- 1 teaspoon of Chaga extract
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Nuts, dried fruit, spices (optional)
- Melt the cocoa butter in a saucepan on low heat.
- Add the cocoa powder, Chaga extract, and honey and stir until well-blended (about 2-3 minutes).
- Remove the pan from heat and stir in vanilla extract.
- Stir in nuts, dried fruit, or spices (optional)
- Pour over a small baking sheet, into a muffin tray, or into chocolate molds and refrigerate until solid.
Break off a piece of chocolate anytime you need a sweet tooth fix and enjoy the immune-system boosting benefits of Chaga mushrooms while you snack.