Dairy-Free Eggnog with A Superfood Twist (Virgin)
Looking for a dairy-free eggnog recipe? How about one with six superfood mushroom powders? Yeah. We did that. Check it out:
The easiest way to make high-quality eggnog is to use high-quality ingredients. That's why we chose nutrient rich free-range egg yolks, our Classic Supercream made with organic mushroom extracts and pure maple syrup in place of white refined sugar.
- 8 tablespoons of NeuRoast Classic Supercream
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 1/4 cup of pure maple syrup
- 4 free-range egg yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- In a blender, blend the egg yolks and maple syrup until light and fluffy.
- The coconut milk (blended with Supercream), nutmeg, and cinnamon until simmering heat over medium-high heat. Slowly add in the egg-syrup mixture and continue to whisk until thick and creamy.
- Remove pan from heat and let the eggnog chill.
The benefits of this wellness-inspired eggnog:
- Vitamin-rich egg yolks from free-range eggs (typically higher in Vitamin A, E, Omega-3 fatty acids, and lower in cholesterol than regular eggs).
- Lion's Mane mushroom for brain health, Cordyceps for energy and vitality, Chaga for an antioxidant blast, Reishi for relaxation, Turkey Tail mushroom for gut health, and Shiitake for overall wellness.
- Coconut milk for a boost of potassium and plant-based fats without all of the sugar found in cow's milk.