Imagine a cup of hot chocolate that's packed with antioxidants instead of sugar. In fact, Chaga and cacao are two of the most antioxidant-rich foods on Earth! More importantly, they both boast complex chocolatey flavors that make this hot chocolate recipe extra rich.
- 2 tablespoons of NeuroRoast 3-in-1 Instant Mix
- 1 tablespoon of whipped cream
- 8 ounces of water or almond milk
- 1 teaspoon of raw cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon of 1:1 Chaga extract
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- Heat 8 oz of water or almond milk until simmering. Alternatively, you can microwave for 2-3 minutes on high.
- Add in NeuroRoast 3-in-1 Instant Mix, cacao powder, Chaga extract, and honey.
- If you have a Pro Frother, blend for 10-15 seconds until thoroughly mixed and frothy. Alternatively, you can stir with a spoon or use a blender.
- Top with whipped cream and an extra sprinkle of cacao powder.
There are a few things that are important to note in order for this recipe to be a major success in your kitchen:
First, the Chaga and cacao are naturally bitter so you'll want to use honey or your preferred sweetener to really bring them to life.
Second, while our coffee does contain a good dose of Chaga, adding some extra Chaga extract provides an extra immune system boost and also adds to the chocolatey flavor. Be sure to shop for reputable Chaga extract sellers (this goes for any mushroom extract). Many mushroom extract products on the market contain up to 60% starch and little-to-no beta-glucans, rendering them useless. We recommend Real Mushrooms Chaga extract.
Third, if you're caffeine-sensitive and prefer not to use coffee in this recipe you can simply double up on the cacao and Chaga extract, and add a splash of cream or our personal preference, organic coconut milk.
Want more mouthwatering recipes? Click here to check out our handcrafted gourmet coffee recipes here.