CHANGES TO OUR POLICY
This policy was effective on May 7, 2018 and was last modified on October 6, 2020.
ONLINE POLICY ONLY
QUESTIONS AND FEEDBACK
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please send us any and all feedback pertaining to privacy, or any other issue.
Cookies & Spamming
DO WE USE 'COOKIES'?
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the site's or service provider's systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information. We may contract with third-party service providers to assist us in better understanding our site visitors. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except to help us conduct and improve our business.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings.
INTEREST-BASED ADVERTISING AND OPT-OUT
To decide what is relevant to you, we use information you make available to us when you interact with us, our affiliates, and other third parties. For example, we might look at your browsing behaviors. We, or our partners, might also look at your location. We might look at these activities on our platforms or the platforms of others. We work with third parties who help gather this information. These third parties might link your name or email address to other information they collect. That might include past purchases made offline or online. Or, it might include online usage information.
The Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising program provides consumers with the ability to opt-out of having their online behavior recorded and used for advertising purposes. To opt out of having your online behavior collected for advertising purposes by participating companies, click here. If you would like to opt-out of all such trackers, you can do so by turning off all cookies through your browser settings.
Certain choices you make are both browser and device-specific.
Our Do Not Track Policy:
- Some browsers have “do not track” features that allow you to tell a website not to track you. These features are not all uniform. We do not currently respond to those signals. If you block cookies, certain features on our sites may not work. If you block or reject cookies, not all of the tracking described here will stop.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY NOTICE
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) requires us to make specific disclosures about how we collect, use and share the personal information of California residents who are subject to CCPA. CCPA also grants such California residents certain rights related to their “personal information.” This section outlines contains these disclosures and instructions for California residents who wish to exercise their rights under CCPA.
CCPA defines “personal information” as including particular categories of information. We are required under CCPA to tell you which categories of “personal information” we collect and which categories of personal information we disclose for “business purposes” or for a “sale” purposes as these terms are defined under CCPA.
- In the past 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information from California residents (“California Personal Information”): identifiers; payment information; signature; physical characteristics or description; characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law; commercial information; internet or other electronic network activity information; audio, electronic and visual information; professional or employment-related information; education information, geolocation information; and inferences drawn from the categories in this paragraph.
We may disclose any of the above categories of California Personal Information for “business purposes” as this term is defined in CCPA.
We collect California Personal Information as described in the “HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?”section of this Policy
We use the California Personal Information we collect for “business purposes” and “commercial purposes” as these terms are defined in CCPA. These purposes are as described in the “HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?”section of this Policy.
We share California Personal Information we collect with third parties as described in the HOW DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?”section of this Policy.
California resident rights under CCPA. Subject to certain exclusions included in CCPA, and as relevant to our operations, California residents have the rights listed below. We may take steps to verify your identity, as permitted or required under CCPA, before we process your request. Verification may include asking you to provide information about yourself that we can match against information already in our possession.
- Notice.This means that you can request that we disclose the categories of “personal information” we have collected about you; the categories of sources from which such “personal information” is collected; the categories of “personal information” we have “sold” or disclosed for a business purpose; the categories of third parties to whom the “personal information” was “sold” or disclosed for a business purpose; and the specific pieces of “personal information” we have collected about you in the last 12 months.
- Deletion.This means that you can request that we delete “personal information” about you which we have collected from you.
- Opt-Out. This means you can request that we not “sell” “personal information” to third parties. If you would like to opt-out of allowing us to “sell” your “personal information,” please click here or follow the instructions below.
- Equal prices and services. This means that we are prohibited from discriminating against you if you exercise your rights under CCPA.
Agents that you have authorized to act on your behalf may also submit CCPA requests as instructed below. The agent must also provide evidence that they have your written permission to submit a request on your behalf. If we are unable to verify the authenticity of a request, we may ask you for more information or may deny the request.
California residents who wish to exercise their rights under this section can email us at email@example.comPlease indicate you are a California resident making a “CCPA” request.
Cal. Civ. Code 1798.83 (the “Shine the Light” law) grants our California resident customers the right to ask us one time each year if we have shared “personal information” with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make a request, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at the address listed below. Indicate in your email or letter that you are a California resident making a "California Shine the Light" inquiry.
NEVADA PRIVACY NOTICE
If you are a Nevada resident, under Privacy and Security of Personal Information Chapter of the Nevada Revised Statutes Section 603A (“603A”), you have the right to submit a verified request to us, directing us not to make any sale of certain “personal information” as defined under this law that we have collected or will collect about you. As of the date of this Policy, we do not knowingly engage in the “sale” of “personal information” of Nevada residents. This statement is based on our understanding of how the term “sale” is defined under 603A as of the date of this Policy. However, Nevada residents who wish to exercise their rights under this section can submit a request through our online webform. Please indicate you are a Nevada resident making a “Nevada Opt-Out” request.
TRADEMARK AND TERMS AND CONDITIONS
NeuroRoast LLC and its affiliates, licensors and content providers are the owners of all the trademarks used on the NeuroRoast LLC websites. Third parties are not allowed to use and apply any of the trademarks, logos and identifying marks without the express written consent of NeuroRoast LLC.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website at https://www.neuroast.com/pages/terms-conditions
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We collect information from you when you register on the site, place an order, enter a contest or sweepstakes, respond to a survey or communication such as e-mail, or participate in another site feature. We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any third parties.
When ordering, we may ask you for your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We may collect your Personal Data in different ways. Below are some examples of how we may collect your Personal Data:
Directly From You. For example, when you:
- Register for an account or sign up for a subscription.
- Purchase products or services through our website or in our stores.
- Sign up to receive promotional communications.
- Participate in one of our promotional sweepstakes or contests.
- Engage with the chat feature on our website.
- Provide a product review.
- Submit a request to, or engage with, our customer service team.
- Interact with our social media pages.
- Apply for a job through our website.
Passively. For example, when you:
- Visit and navigate our website on any device.
- Enable location-based features on our website.
- Click on sponsored links or third-party advertisements. These links or advertisements may not be on our website.
We may also collect Personal Data about users over time and across different websites, apps and devices when you use the website. Third parties also collect Personal Data this way on our website.
From Third Parties. We may receive Personal Data about you from other sources. For example, this may include receiving Personal Data from:
- Social media sites, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Our business partners, including online advertising networks, analytics vendors, and companies that sell our products on their own platform.
- Companies that provide personal information to supplement what we already know about you, including companies that provide consumer insight services. Certain third parties might link your name or email address to other Personal Data they have collected. That might include past purchases made offline or online. It might also include online usage information.
By Combining Information. For example, we may:
- Combine Personal Data that we collect offline with Personal Data we collect through our website.
- Combine Personal Data we collect about you from the different devices you use to access our website.
- Combine Personal Data we get from third parties with Personal Data we already have about you.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We may use the Personal Data we collect from you when you purchase products, enter a contest or promotion, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your shopping experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested;
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests;
- To otherwise communicate with you;
- To determine your eligibility for some of our products, services, sweepstakes, and promotions;
- For marketing purposes;
- To process your transactions even quicker;
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature;
- For security purposes;
- To send periodic emails; and
- As otherwise permitted by law or as we may notify you.
If you have opted-in to receive our e-mail newsletter, we may send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If you would no longer like to receive promotional e-mail from us, please click 'unsubscribe' link on the bottom of each e-mail newsletter.
HOW DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We may share your Personal Data in the following ways:
- Internally. We may share your Personal Data with our affiliates.
- On our Website. For example, we may publicly display Personal Data you post on our social media sites or submit through our customer reviews feature. We may also display Personal Data you submit in connection with a promotion.
- With Our Service Providers. We may share your Personal Data with third parties who perform services on our behalf. For example, this may include merchandise vendors and payment processors. It may also include companies that send emails on our behalf or help us run our website.
- With Our Business Partners. For example, this may include a third party that co-sponsors a contest or promotion. We may also share Personal Data with social media sites, advertisers, media buying agencies, advertising networks and advertising service providers. We may also share Personal Data with companies that help us learn more about our customers.
- With Third Parties for Marketing Purposes. This may include the delivery of interest-based advertising. These third parties may use your Personal Data for their own marketing purposes or the marketing purposes of others.
- With Any Successors to All or Part of Our Business or One of Our Brands. For example, if we merge with, acquires or are acquired, or sell a part of our business to another business entity. This may include an asset sale, corporate reorganization or other change of control. We may sell or transfer our customer Personal Data as an asset or as part of a larger transaction action.
- To Comply With the Law or To Protect Ourselves. For example, this could include responding to a court order or subpoena. It could also include sharing Personal Data if a government agency or investigatory body requests. We might share Personal Data when we are investigating a potential fraud. This could include fraud we think has occurred during a sweepstakes or promotion. We may also share Personal Data if you are the winner of a sweepstakes or other contest with anyone who requests a winner’s list.
- For Other Reasons We May Describe to You At the Time of Collection.
HOW DO WE PROTECT PERSONAL DATA?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your Personal Data. Although we have tried to create secure, reliable and trustworthy websites for our visitors, please be aware that the Internet is generally not regarded as a completely secure environment, and that therefore the confidentiality of the Personal Data provided by you or material transmitted via our websites or by e-mail cannot be guaranteed by us. Thus, we cannot be responsible or liable for the security of your Personal Data whilst in transit via the Internet to us.
DO I HAVE CHOICES REGARDING MY PERSONAL DATA?
How can you opt-out, remove or modify Personal Data you have provided to us? To delete all of your online account information from our database, sign into the 'My Account' section of our site and remove your shipping addresses, billing addresses and payment information. Please note that we may maintain information about an individual sales transaction in order to service that transaction and for record keeping and legal purposes.
You also can opt out of receiving our marketing communications. Note that you will still receive transactional messages from us, including information about your account and responses to your inquiries. To opt out of receiving our marketing communications, you can follow the instructions contained in the communication.
PERSONAL DATA TRANSFER AND LINKS
PERSONAL DATA TRANSFER ABROAD
NeuroRoast LLC may have databases in different jurisdictions. NeuroRoast LLC may transfer your Personal Data to one of its databases or to companies within the NeuroRoast LLC group or to its partners, who have agreed to keep your Personal Data confidential and secure, outside of your country of residence. If the level of privacy protection in a country does not comply with internationally recognized standards, we will ensure that Personal Data transfers to our databases in that country are equally protected and that a transfer of Personal Data to third parties in such countries does not occur. By submitting your Personal Data, you expressly agree to its possible transfer to other companies within the NeuroRoast LLC group and/or its partners and to this end to its trans-border transmission.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS POLICY DOES NOT ADDRESS THE PRIVACY OR INFORMATION PRACTICES OF ANY THIRD PARTIES.
PERSONAL DATA AND CHILDREN
To respect the privacy of children and to comply with the laws designed to protect children, children under the age of 18 should not provide any Personal Data. NeuroRoast LLC will not knowingly collect, use, or disclose Personal Data from a minor under the age of 18, without obtaining prior consent from a person with parental responsibility (parent, guardian). Our websites are general audience sites that are not designed nor intended to collect Personal Data from children under the age of 18. We ask that parents supervise their children while online.
If you are a parent or legal guardian and think your child under 18 has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us at email@example.com. You can also write to us at the address listed at the end of this Policy. Please mark your inquiries “Children’s Information Request.”.
NEUROROAST LLC DBA: NEUROAST. CONTACT INFORMATION
105 Garden St. Unit 1
Hoboken, NJ 07030