Sahlab is one of the most popular Middle Eastern drinks, renowned for its silky smooth texture, slightly sweet taste, and notes of warm spices like cinnamon. So, we figured, why not give it a superfood makeover by using NeuRoast Supercream instead of milk?! Here's what you need:
(image from arabamerica.com)
- 1/2 cup of NeuRoast Supercream
- 1/2 cup of water (or coconut milk for a thicker drink)
- 1/2 cup of powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Chopped nuts (walnuts, pistachios)
- Dried fruit (raisins, chopped figs, etc)
- In a small bowl, whisk together Supercream, water (or coconut milk), powdered sugar, cornstarch, and vanilla extract.
- Heat mixture in a saucepan on medium heat until simmering. Continue to stir until the mixture thickens.
- Pour into a mug and top with cinnamon, nuts, and dried fruit.